Saturday, October 29, 2016

Database review- Ancestry.com

 Ancestry.com-

 I have been using Ancestry as a search database on and off for many years now. What I like about the site is the simple search format. I am one of those people who needs to be able to scroll across an area of the web page and see where different links will take me, or at least have the chance to find what I’m looking for in a few clicks. I think Ancestry provides both of those options. I did do the ancestry.com DNA test. The results were fascinating for me. After my father died I had no idea what his actual race was. We both had been asked for years if we were from Asian descent or Pacific Islander. He and I had no idea. We had the basics i.e. European, possibly Native American. The test was easy to use. You can register online so that when your results come in you get a whole page dedicated to the information found from your results. At long last I found out where our descendants originated from, Ireland and Spain. I love that Central Library gives free access to Ancestry.com. I suggest utilizing this excellent database as much as you can. Who knows you may have a positive experience like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment