Saturday, November 12, 2016

Database Review- Book Psychic

I have been perusing Book Psychic which is an optional database on our website SLPL.org.  I wanted to be familiar with this database for our patrons. It’s easy to use and easily accessible once you’re on our library catalog webpage. I simply began clicking and rating books I have read and quickly received a notification that I already have recommendations. I am an Anne Rice fan and really like vampires and the supernatural. With that being said I noticed that as I was rating different titles from various genres the books that popped up for me to rate were almost all related to vampires. I appreciate that the database figured out how much I like vampires, however it would have been nice to continue having more varied options for books to rate. I think due to its easy use and accessibility to our patrons it’s a great place to start for someone who doesn’t know what they want to read next. Though I believe it’s more fun to ask a librarian…but that’s my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment